Student Teaching Stories, Updates, & Experiences!

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Its been a while....

Practicing some cursive...check out the last line...
 Wow! life has been more then a bit crazy lately. Time is blowing by (kind of like all the snow outside right now) and in a week from today, I (along with molly and laura) will be hitting the road to Ovido, Florida. AH!

So since its been so long since my last post here are just some mini post, and random thoughts of whats been going on!

***I hope that wherever I end up teaching, the school will have a faculty bathroom.
We don't have one at East Butler....and there is just something weird about it....like yesterday for example: (if your a boy you might not wanna read this little part (:  ). Molly and I were taking our usual morning bathroom break when good ol aunt flow decided to visit, i was not prepared, but thankfully molly was! So as Molly was taking a tampon out of her backpack  and handing it to me, 2 little kindergartners walked in. Myself, Molly and the tampon that was making the transition from her hand to mine, all froze. The girls just stood there and stared. AWKWARD!
Our Saguaros
       ***Its Future Farmers of America Week, and Wednesday was....yup you guessed it, DRIVE YOUR TRACTOR TO SCHOOL DAY!!!
       ***I have been doing a Sonoran Desert Unit with my kids and they are loving it. They just started their final project today, and we are hoping they finish them up and present them by next Tuesday. The kids had 6 different projects they could choose from, and 14 of the 18 kids chose to make a Desert Video. We will see how all those come out-should be pretty entertaining. Their enthusiasm for this project has been so uplifting! They have loved this whole Desert Unit, and I'm excited for them to show me what they've learned!
      ***Other funny comments/questions I had today while I took the kids on a little mini tour from Brainard to Mesa thanks to the use of Google Maps.

     *Why are the houses so close together?

      *Boy: "What are all those blue things one the map?"
         Me: "Those are pools ."
Reading about scorpions
        Boy: "So like every house has a pool? That is SO COOL!"

        *Boy2: "What are your neighbors names?"
          Me: "I don't know we don't really talk to our neighbors"
        Whole Class: "WHAT!?!?!? you really don't know their names??? weird!!!

          *Girl: "So do you have Christmas in Arizona, since you don't have snow and stuff?"
              Me: "We still have Christmas and get gifts, and eat lots of food, it is just warm outside."
          Girl 2: "Does Santa bring you gifts all the way in Arizona?"
               Me: "Yes he makes stops in Arizona, and brings me some pretty neat things."
           Girl 2: "I bet he gets hot when he goes their because of his big ol suit and stuff."

Lost desert animal posters
Those are most of the pretty funny ones, but i have also been ask if i have seen in real life a gila monster, road runner, rattlesnake, scorpion, tortoise, coyote, lizards, and almost any other desert animal you can think of! The other day, after reading the book "The Cactus Hotel," to them, i had girls at recess playing imaginary desert. They pretended to be in the desert, and that they were staying at the Cactus Hotel. And according to them their job was then to catch different desert animals and show them to me. It was cute to watch, made me feel good on the inside haha.  In our desert unit I also brought in a copy of the newspaper article about when my dad got lost in the desert. I did not tell them that the man in the article was my dad till after we read about it and talked about how scary that might be...but when i told them, i saw about 18 little jaws drop to the floor, and then it didn't take long for about 18 little hands to shoot up in the air with tons of questions...."Wait is this a real story?" "Is your dad still alive?" "You promise your not making this up?""Did he see any coyotes?" "So this was actually in the newspaper?" "Was he on the news?
Learning how to borrow & subtract
 "Can we see the news video?" and so on and so on.....

Soooo, now that brings us to today, A WEEK AWAY FROM LEAVING FOR FLORIDA. deep breath. I really haven't had time to even think much about it, because every time i do it just reminds me of all the things that need to happen before that, and then i normally freak out, and then i just stop thinking about it altogether. (: prayers are definitely appreciated :)
After all that being said, I will apologize now for my potential lack of posting, for I am currently and will continue to just try and keep my head above water! Enjoy the pics!






                  
                 

No comments:

Post a Comment