Student Teaching Stories, Updates, & Experiences!

Thursday, February 3, 2011

friday...already? YES!!!!

Ok, technically it is Thursday afternoon. To me however,  the 3:30 bell not only means school is out, but it rings in celebration and in honor of being one day away from the weekend!!! I love Fridays....we have early release AND we get to wear jeans. So since Fridays are just plain awesome, i think they should maybe last a little longer then the rest of the weekdays. Hence why, my Fridays, start with that lovely Thursday afternoon bell!
Molly, Laura and I in front of East Butler
       Anyways, I make it sounds like it hate being school, but i don't, promise. And as far as this week goes, i really have NO reason to complain. I've already had a weekend in the middle of my week. If I HAD to say I love the snow and the cold, it would be for one reason and one reason only---SNOW DAYS!!!! And this week sure consisted of its fair share of them!
         Monday it was icing, and the storm rolled in which meant an early release. The snow and wind picked up throughout the evening, and sure enough that night, I was able to experience for the first time all the joy in reading your schools name on the "Closed" list! Tuesday was bitter cold...with wind chills in the negative 30s, and the actual temps not getting out of the single digits! The snow fell, and the wind blew it....EVERYWHERE. It continued into Wednesday meaning, YES another SNOW DAY! It was a nice break in the week! And now, Thursday is already over! Now that is my kind of week!
        Today I had my first observation and evaluation. It went well!!! The kids loved the lesson, definitely helped make me look good :) I am currently teaching Science and Math, and will pick up Social Studies next week! 
Here are some pictures Molly, Laura and I took around Brainard last Friday, when it wasn't blizzarding and was actually a nice tolerable 45 degrees out! Ew listen to me, saying that 45 is tolerable...gross. Since when did I let my weather expectations drop so low!? not good.

No comments:

Post a Comment