Student Teaching Stories, Updates, & Experiences!

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Week One Done

First off, welcome!!!!  :)
I have had several friends start blogs about their teaching experience, and have had several other friends and family members tell me to start one so, here I am.....starting a blog!
Essentially since this is a "Blog of My Teaching Experiences"  we might as well start it off right....with an objective,
                  -After people have read this blog, they will be able to better understand the life of Mrs. Krieger, and will laugh, cry, or relate to her 4 out of every 5 blogs read.

Current Teaching Situation:
     I am currently doing my Student Teaching 1 at a East Butler Public School, in Brainard NE. Heard of it??? Doubt it. Brainard is a town of 350 people, and normally when school is in session the town nearly doubles in size. East Butler is a two-story building that houses grades Preschool to Seniors in high school. Yes, Preschoolers to Seniors are all in ONE building! Kids come from all different farms and other SMALL TOWNS to attend East Butler only a small handful of them actually live in Brainard.
    I have been assigned to spend my first 7 weeks in Mrs. Dozler's Second Grade Classroom. I have 18 little pupils in which i will be passing all my knowledge on down to! Lucky Them! I also have two other very dear friends who have joined me @ East Butler from Concordia! Molly is right next door with the first grade class, and Laura is just down the hall the opposite way with a 5th and 6th grade class.



Week One Summary:
     -I'm EXHAUSTED, waking up everyday at 6am is a complete SHOCK to my system
    -A different kid made me a different piece of art work everyday, now which are all hanging on my fridge, because Bry thinks its so funny/weird to read "To: Mrs Krieger, your the best teacher! Love: so and so"
    -A couple little soccer tricks can go a long way when it comes to impressing the little boys in your class.
    -Kids Imaginary play sure has changed: I had girls make cell phones and laptops out of paper, and watched them as they pretended to text and instant message each other during class
    -Teachers actually take kids out to recess when their is snow on the ground and temps are below freezing!
    -The kids are really fascinated with and love asking me questions about having a swimming pool in my backyard, rocks and orange trees in my front yard, never changing clocks forwards or backwards, and what its like to never have a snow day.
    -This week I just spent my time observing the whole classroom routine, but next week the real fun begins....lesson plans, teaching, and some, but hopefully not too much discipline! :)


Want to learn more about good ol BRAINARD, NEBRASKA.....check out their website (yes they actually have a website!)





1 comment:

  1. I love this! You introduced me to so many different things! I didn't know about all the fun fonts, I didn't know Brainard had a website and I love your objective! I LOVE being down the hall from you!!!

    ReplyDelete